Monday, April 5, 2010

Getting out of town

Wow, the last week has been quite eventful... 


As I waited at 30th Street Station to head to the airport, I had no idea what the next 6 days would hold. 



Waiting for the R1 train to come so I could race to my gate and barely catch my flight.




Starting with meeting Lola in the airport, a 5 year old that began our friendship by complimenting me on my sneakers.
Courtesy of my husband for Christmas. Designed by him (impressive right!?) - notice the "Mrs C" on the heal. Love him.

Lola and I shared 15 minutes of riveting conversation, and as I turned away from her to eat my salad, I felt two little fingers in my armpit. Yes, you read that correct - IN MY ARMPIT - wiggling around. I turned to her cute smiling face and asked... "um, are you tickling me?" And sure enough, full of giggles, her cute little voice replied "yes, are you ticklish?... hehehe..." After explaining that I am the kind of girl who prefers for some one to know my name before they tickle me, (which she didn't really understand), she followed by tickling my neck with both of her little hands. What does one do in this situation?? She thought this was hilarious... until her mother turned to find her tickling a complete stranger. The scolding was so funny, considering her mother was laughing so hard and at the same time was mortified. 

And this was just my airport experience!

I soon arrived in sunny Florida, mid-70s, blue sky, my parents and awesome cousins and aunt.... ahhhhhh..... Do you know how hard it is at times to live 13 hours away from them!! 

3 days in Seagrove, off of highway 30A, is sometimes just what the doctor orders. It was bliss. Just wait til you see the sandcastles we built!

No comments:

Post a Comment